Saturday, December 1, 2007

To my Team Leads...

The last couple of months have been quite hectic at work. There were lots of things to be done, but as usual, less time to get it done. No one realized the enormity of the task at hand, until it hit us straight in the face. But there seemed to be hope. Hope created by two individuals I work with. These individuals are my team leaders. Such is there dedication to work, they seemed to make it all possible. Both of them were concerned about the team members all the time. Concerned because they didn't want us to burn ourselves out. They constantly reminded us that work is work and there is family and life after work too. Such was their understanding, it made all of us work for them rather than the project.
People like them are hard to find these days. I've seen a lot of so called, self-proclaimed team leaders during my career and none of them were like these guys. They were all self-centered, egoistic and stupid to say the least. But these two gentlemen are amazing. They go about their task with their feet firmly on the ground. If I ever get a chance to be a leader, I will definitely try to be like them. Open minded, unbiased and never prejudiced.
These are essential qualities to be a great leader. I wish that they go on to be great leaders and serve their colleagues well. I am really proud to be associated with such wonderful people.
I salute thy leadership!!!

No comments: