Sunday, February 3, 2008

Grace at work!!!

Was at Walmart this afternoon to procure groceries for the week. My favorite watch was broken, because the strap needle came off and I did not know where to get it repaired. I had my watch in the pocket and hesitantly went up to the lady at the watch section in Walmart. Asked her whether she could repair it for me and she promptly took it for service. She was searching quite a while to get the right needle and finally got it. It was the last one!!! She fixed it and then gave it to me. When she gave it to me, she said, "There's no charge".
Wow!!! I was stupefied. I asked her again whether there was no charge and she said, YES. I thanked her a couple of times and left the place. As I was about to leave, the thought came to, "Grace at work". The lady who repaired my watch could have charged something, but she didn't. What a soul!!! People like her make our days wonderful. They make our existence, useful and worthwhile here.
We all could take a leaf out of her book. Whenever we can, we can do small things to help people, which might make a significant impact in their lives. Swami Vivekananda once said, "Thy who lives for others, lives".
Make a difference, today!!!

No comments: